I really tried not to write my annual New Year’s resolutions in the past few weeks because I know from experience I never ever take them seriously once that January’s over.
Here’s what I’m going to do. As you probably noticed by now, I love making lists of stuff, so here’s the list of things I’d love to be better at in 2017.
- I’d love to learn how to be genuinely happy for other people’s accomplishments without feeling the need to always make comparisons;
- I’d love to form a sort of routine in order to schedule my daily hours of study and therefore not feel guilty when I’m watching a movie or reading a book;
- I’d love to wake up earlier without having to take a nap in the middle of the day ’cause I’m too tired to keep going until evening;
- I’d love to find some sort of physical activity to do late at night right before going to bed in order to – hopefully – fall asleep more quickly;
- I’d love to take more risks in the small things on a daily basis, like trying a new cafe or restaurant, instead of the same old ones;
- I’d love to approach exams that I hate the same way I approach the ones that I love and always keep in mind that it’s OK if I’ll need a little more time than my friends to graduate, as long as I don’t spend that time worrying about being late and try to do things that I care about instead;
- I’d love to find something I’m passionate about and help other people thanks to it;
- I’d love to spend a little more money on traveling and a little less money on clothes;
- I’d love to go to sleep with a smile more often;
- I’d love to drink more water and eat healthily;
- I’d love to cut back on coffee and try to replace it with tea instead (sometimes, let’s not get crazy here);
- I’d love to be smart enough to choose who and what’s really best for me without stepping on other people’s feelings and dreams;
- I’d love to try each and every single day to get a little closer to the person I want to be;
- I’d love to listen to more and better music;
- I’d love to read more and better books;
- I’d love to write more and better;
- I’d love to talk more and better;
- I’d love to think more and better.
I’d also love to know if you have any resolutions of your own that you’d like to share with me.